Monday, October 07, 2002

Feeling like I haven't been bloging enough. Lenise and I went to the Mebane town council meeting tonight. Didn't learn too much, but got to see how some of the personalities in town behave. The members of the council all seemed reasonabloe and intelligent, apart from one lady who sat on the end and said nothing throughout the meeting.

Afterwords we had a quick dinner and watched Unbreakable on the new DVD player. I suppose on reflection it might be considered a reverse comic book tale. The characters are established at the end of the film, while the big conflict (of sorts) is at the beginning. Was well put together, but I just think the story wasn't all that great. Last night we watched Outland, an old Western set in space/the future. I loved all the little Western elements: the swinging doors, the sheriff forced to mete out justice by himself, the plucky woman (in this case a doctor), and all the bad guy-gunslingers. My wife hated it. Oh well.

No comments: