Tuesday, September 09, 2003

George Grant, on his blog, recently quoted someone as saying there's no such thing as too many books, just not enough bookshelves. This seems so self-evident to me that it hardly needss saying. But, from time to time, I try to weed my book collection, getting rid of titles I neither want to read again, nor can I think of anyone who might like to borrow them. I threw out a couple of decrepit paperbacks. Then I started looking at amazon's used book deal. Hmm, one of the books I have but am not planning on reading has a suggested price of aboiut ten bucks, and someone wants to buy one. Just looking around my office/computer room/library I start checking used prices. Some of my collection I bought as remaindered books, and all of these seem to be going for a dollar or less. Hardly worth it. But many seem to be going for several dollars.

I listed five books for sale yesterday, sold one the same day and now have sold another. Three cheers for amazon.

No comments: