Saturday, July 20, 2002

I'm sure no one wants to know this, thus making it appropriate for MY blog, but nothing quite makes me want to cuss like trying to replace strings on a piano. Had a customer on Thursday who had about eight broken strings, and the rest were pretty rusty too. I took the old ones off without much problem, but I spent almost an hour trying to get the first new one on. Part of the problem is that this was my first try on a grand piano, though that should have made it easier. Another problem was that for some reason when I would measure the new wire lengths, they would always seem to lose about 3 inches when I put them on, thus making me throw them away and start over. The third and most disturbing problem was that I just seem to be an idiot when it comes to mechanical tasks. Maybe someday I'll get better (like next week when I go back to try to finish).

No comments: