Wednesday, March 26, 2003

I think God does move in mysterious, and sometimes not so mysterious, ways, His wonders to perform. Our pastor preached Sunday on conflict within the body of Christ and the steps one should take if your brother offends you. as it turns out, I was wronged by a member of the church this week. I was, frankly, kind of angry. Not only was I wronged, I was wronged by someone I like and respect and worship with weekly. But I knew that I should just speak to the person, and get it over with. I did sit on it overnight, but called today and talked it out very briefly. It wasn't really a HUGE wrong, but it was enough to upset me a bit. My friend apologized and offered to mae it right. I was amazed at how quickly my indignation subsided. I really want my church relationships to not have the baggage of enmity and strife, so I think I was ready to forgive. Plus I knew from Sunday that it was not an option, but what God expects of me.

Sorry if this seems too elementary. I just need to relearn the basics from time to time.

No comments: