Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Sorry about the break in blogging. Had a lot of work to do last couple of days. I finished the Borg book. Found it mostly useful. He seems to want to hedge his bets on authenticity of the gospel texts, but that would be my only major criticism. Since he strives to e as non-theological as possible in his writing in this particular book, I would really highly recommend it to non-Christians who have very mistaken ideas about who Jesus was and what he did. Imagine boiling the two big Wright books on Jesus into 200 pages.

On the fiction side, I've been slowly working my way through Robertson Davies works. This particular volume is the largest. Total 1340 pp for the one volume trilogy. It's very worthwhile though. If you wanted to get started on Davies I would highly recommend his Salterton Trilogy. And y'all let me know if I've talked any of you into reading Mark Helprin yet.

No comments: