Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Haven't had too much to blog about lately. I've traded a couple of e-mails with fellow blogger Telford Work (philosophy dept at Westmont) about pacifism, since he had been writing along pacifist lines before he took a bit of a blogging sabbatical. It's kinda funny to me that all his responses to me were things I believed in (the peaceful nature of Christ's conquering mission, the possibility of disobedience to gov't at particular points), but didn't really get to the heart of the issue, for me at least. He did suggest a few books, so I'll see if sometime I can nail down why some come out on either side of the pacifism question in the church. The question of "Is it ever justfiable within a Christian ethic to commit violence?" seems fairly straightforward. Wonder why it's created so much confusion.

No comments: