Thursday, February 19, 2004

In a desparate effort to amuse myself, educate myself, and see if anyone is paying attention, I now bring you

The (non-Seinfeldian) Contest


Here's the deal. I'm always on the lookout for book recommendations, but it can be hard to tell sometimes who to trust for these. My proposal is that each of my readers may submit one and only one book they would like me to read this year. I will promise to read each book submitted to this contest. Whosoever's book I decide is the most wondrous will not only receive the glory of being named "best-recommender of the year", but will also receive a free book in return of their own choosing (subject to a limit of, say $18). If the book you name is one I have already read you may resubmit. The entries will close on March 19th or whenevr I receive the 10th book suggestion, whichever comes first. Any questions? Good. Let's begin.

No comments: