Thursday, February 21, 2002

Thanks to Jim Hart for pointing out to me that I didn't put the code for my hit counter back in my template when I changed formats. I'll peek out of my blog hole now and see if I have a shadow.

BTW, I brought in Chesterton today because I just had to share this one

I cannot understand the people who take literature seriously; but I can love them, and I do. Out of my love I warn them to keep clear of this book. It is a collection of papers upon current, or rather flying subjects. Their chief vice is that so many of them are very serious; because I had no time to make them flippant. It is so easy to be solemn; it is so hard to be frivolous. That is why so many tired, elderly, and wealthy men go in for politics. They are responsible; because they have not the strength of mind left to be irresponsible. It is also easier. So in these easy pages I keep myself on the level of the Times: it is only occasionally that I leap upwards almost to the level of Tit-Bits

No comments: