Sunday, March 24, 2002

In response to my most recent deaconpaul quiz, blogulations go to Mark "Not Related To Lena" Horne. What can I say about Mark that hasn't already been said. Well, actually quite a lot. You can learn a lot about someone just by living in a dorm room with them for a year. Fortunately Mark is a completely different person now. I'll just share one quick Mark-story. I believe it was at his urging that we decided to do some early morning roommate devotions for a brief time. It may have been scheduled as a once a week thing-- I forget. In any event, we were reading selections from Oswald Chambers' My Utmost For His Highest. This lasted only until we each realized that we hated his writing style and were getting nothing out of it except a loss of that most precious sleep time in the early hours. That was my first and last experience of roommate devotions.

On a more serious note, I consider Mark a great friend. My introduction to many great things and ideas came through him, as well as much encouragement during my first few single years out of college. Although Mark is always easy to pick on (if you know him "in the flesh"), I've always had the greatest respect for him both as a scholar and a person.

Small kudos to Valerie for coming in second with the translation. Its fortunate you didn't win, as it would be pretty hard or me to qrite about you. I suppose I could have just made stuff up ;)

No comments: