Wednesday, July 10, 2002

I was poking around on the site of a sheet music retailer, looking for music for the men's acapella group I'm in, and came across the name of one of my favorite musicians. I hadn't thought about Ken Medema in quite a while. He is apparently still keeping busy. I'm listening to one of his sample tracks right now--Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws. If you know about Ken, or would like to, he's got a nice site at kenmedema.com. He's certainly the best improvisational musician I've ever seen perform. Every concert he performs a new song based on suggestions from the audience. I noticed on his site that the had an offer to write personalized songs for people and mail them out. Not sure if this offer is still open. They apparently had more requests than they thought they would.

No comments: