Sunday, February 16, 2003

We are having, officially, the most miserable winter weather I can remember. Right now it's raining ice from the sky. I knew we didn't want to attempt to drive to church this morning (more on that later), so I thought we would walk to a local church. We could see by looking out the window that the Weslesyan church was closed, as they are right accross the street. I thought it would be nice to try Mebane Presbyterian. We started walking the 8 blocks at about 10:40 , noticing that it was not only icy, but there was quite a wind blowing. On the way, we noticed the United Methodist church was closed, but continued on. Seeing no cars at the presby church, we decided to trek home. Although my wife has many wonderful skills, walking fast is not one of them, so it was about 11:25 by the time we got back home. I felt very much like a popsicle, which is to sy I would feel damp if i wasn't already frozen. The radio announcers have now been saying to stay off the freeway in our town, the one we would have driven on to go to our church, as it is littered with accidents and is down to one (out of four) lane.

No comments: