Friday, July 25, 2003

Hmm, I can't figure out which of these circles is moving.

In other news, I was wandering in a field and stumbled over a treasure of great worth, so I took a small amount of money from my wallet and bought the field, and the treasure therein. Actually what happened was that I was browsing the local used book store, looking to find some Graham Greene novels on the cheap. As I looked at one of them I noticed something stuck inside. As I pulled the object out, I discovered it to be a Barnes & Noble gift certificate, still in a sealed envelope. I showed it to the store clerk, who said, "Well, I suppose it's finders keepers . . . if you buy the book." So I did. I have been making a slight effort to contact the person named on the certificate, but if he doesn't respond soon, I'm calling it mine.

No comments: