Monday, July 14, 2003

Received yet another letter from one of my Ukrainian students today. Now I have to write back though. Also I received an email from the organization we were serving in Ukraine with some of the student feedback comments. Thought you might enjoy reading it. None of these were my students though.

Alexander: "I enjoyed this opportunity to communicat with English
speakers.
The teachers were very professional in their teaching methods of
English"
Tomila: "These classes were very helpful for me. I learned a lot of new
words, imporved my pronunciation. I liked that the groups were small
enough
for everybody to particiapte in discussions> The atmosphere was open
and we
could express our points of view freely without being afraid to be
misunderstood."
Sergei: "It was a surprise for me that these Americans would come to
our
country and do something good for us for free. It seems that these days
nobody does anything without wanting to get something out of it for
himself.
WE felt that these people came here really to help us. That made me
think
that maybe I should explore closer Christian ideas that they were
presenting."
Irina: "I was concerned that they would impose their Christian views
when I
found out that we would be studying the Bible. But I didnt' feel any
pressure and I could openly disagree and I could make my own
conclusions.
This experience changed my attitude to Christians".
Andrei: "I liked learning more about American life style. I was kind of
surprised that people there have problems too. I thought American is
like a
Paradise. I was surprised that even though these Americans were
University
educated people they believed in God. I thought only uneducated weak
people
can believe in that kind of stuff".

No comments: